Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Too Much Kiwi?

For the last few nights I have been eating Kiwi fruit as a snack after dinner. I read some information on Fruit and Vegetable Servings that 2 Kiwi fruit is one fruit serving.So last night I had 2 Kiwi fruit. I already ate my 2 servings of vegetables. Well, my throat starting hurting last night and I woke up this morning with the rash starting to come back around my mouth. Kiwi is highly acidic which may be the reason for my negative response. Even though many fruits are highly acidic, they still have an alkalizing affect on the body. All fruit has a higher alkalizing affect on the body when they are more ripe but before they spoil, according to Livestrong. So for now I will slow down on the Kiwi until my mouth heals and my throat feels better. Since I've added fruit to my diet, its hard to limit it. I have to force myself to get the 2 servings of vegetables in for every 1 serving of fruit. I had edamame and yellow squash yesterday. That was tasty. I'm sick of the cauliflower and broccoli, along with the frittata I made a couple of days ago. I found a sauteed cauliflower with tumeric recipe I will try soon.

Blessings until next time!


2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how hard it is not to want to eat lots of fruit. I love it also. And I have a hard time waiting for kiwi to ripen (which I'm doing right now :-). Any time I make yellow squash I think of you because you enjoyed it so much when you were visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the yellow squash is one of my favorite vegetables! Before I met Peter, I pretty much lived on it! I'm looking for recipes to make the vegetables more edible for me.

    ReplyDelete