Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Favorite Way To Make Almond Flour Pancakes

These Almond Flour Pancakes have been a staple in my diet over the last few weeks. I got the original recipe from The Candida Diaries. I finally found some Vanilla that is made without alcohol! The original recipe from The Candida Diaries is:

"Ingredients:
2 eggs
¼ cup almond milk (this is just a place to start, add as much as you need to reach proper pancake consistency.)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour ( I used whole, raw and toasted almonds and ground them up in my coffee grinder)
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
neutral oil for sauteing: sunflower, veggie oil, coconut, ect
 Warm sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium heat
  1. Ladle pancake batter onto skillet, smaller is better and easier to flip.
  2. Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
  3. Remove from heat to a plate
  4. Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed
Makes at least 12 pancakes
I used a cast iron skillet to make these pancakes.  This is a lot of batter, I made as many as I wanted to eat and then put the batter in the fridge to use later.  The next morning I heated up the skillet, thinned the batter with almond milk and had panckes in just a few minutes!"


 What I have changed  from the original recipe:

I start with 1/2 cup almond milk (I will try Coconut milk in the future because it has anti-fungal properties.)
I use coconut oil to cook it in.
A side note: I have found that throwing raw almonds in my bullet blender is tastier than buying already blanched almond flour.
I also love to add organic blueberries to the mix. Then I top with organic strawberries. I use frozen ones and thaw them out. They taste very yummy to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment